Tuesday, February 27, 2024
ad
HomeNewsTesla and Samsung signs deal to deliver new Cameras for Self-driving cars

Tesla and Samsung signs deal to deliver new Cameras for Self-driving cars

While LG will continue to supply 20% of the cameras for Tesla's self-driving system, Samsung will now supply the rest of the devices (80%) post this deal.

The world’s most popular electric car manufacturing company, Tesla, announces a multi-billion dollar deal with global technology giant Samsung to deliver new cameras for Tesla’s self-driving cars. 

According to a report of Korea Economic Daily, the recently signed deal is worth $4 billion. Despite the fact that Samsung has opted not to manufacture its own electric cars, it does sell critical components to the EV industry, like cameras. 

While LG will continue to supply 20% of the cameras for Tesla’s self-driving system, Samsung will now supply the rest of the devices (80%) post this deal. 

Read More: China launches AI-controlled unmanned carrier capable of launching Drones

The components will be Samsung’s version 4.0 camera modules with 5 million pixels. It is said that Samsung’s new version 4.0 camera modules produce photos that are five times crisper than the company’s prior 3.0 modules, making this a significant upgrade. Tesla’s current Autopilot sensor suite is thought to have a resolution of roughly 1.2 megapixels. 

Recently, Tesla also announced its second Tesla AI Day on the 19th of August. However, Elon Musk later, through a tweet, postponed the event to 30th September. This decision was made as the company made efforts to develop its robot named Optimus. 

According to officials, the scheduled event would reveal “many cool updates” for the customers. Tesla’s Optimus robot, also known as Tesla Bot, is an artificial intelligence-powered general-purpose robotic humanoid, which was initially announced back in 2019 during the first Tesla AI Day

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe and never miss out on such trending AI-related articles.

We will never sell your data

Join our WhatsApp Channel and Discord Server to be a part of an engaging community.

Dipayan Mitra
Dipayan Mitra
Dipayan is a news savvy writer, who does not leave a single page of news paper unturned. He is also a professional vocalist who enjoys ghazals. Building a dog shelter is his forever dream.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular