Businesses have shifted to the digital world and are entirely driven by the digital data they accumulate. This data is of significant value as it depicts how consumers interact with their products and services. However, you need to have a robust analytical tool to collect and analyze it. Microsoft’s Power BI, a powerful business analytics tool, provides a platform for data collection, analysis, and visualization through appealing dashboards and interactive reports, enabling companies to boost profitability and unearth deeper insights. Power BI dashboards are an essential visualization technique that offers a 360-degree perspective for speedy insight-gathering.
Before proceeding with the examples, let’s look at what Power BI dashboards are.
What is a Power BI Dashboard?
A Power BI Dashboard is a canvas that showcases essential data points in multiple forms within a single page. Several dashboards constitute the BI reports. Only the most significant parts of the data story are included in well-designed dashboards. A specific element can be clicked to see the main report. Dashboards are beneficial for tracking the progress of your company’s operations, sales, or other key metrics. It gives you a bird’s-eye view of your company and aids in developing data-supported action plans. Additionally, there are numerous Power BI dashboard designs from which you can choose.
Top 10 Power BI Dashboards Examples
This article presents the Top 10 Power BI Dashboard Examples that will help you comprehend how Power BI dashboard samples can be utilized to demonstrate various scenarios and provide insights through thoughtfully planned and selected KPIs.
- E-Commerce Sales Power BI Dashboard
Online retailers can use this interactive Power BI template to evaluate the performance of various products from both a broad view and a granular one. It offers a summary of overall sales and has the option to display annual, quarterly, and monthly growth rates. Additionally, it enables retailers to explore and comprehend the best-performing goods, areas, and more.
This Power BI dashboard can filter sales by location, period, average order value, or other desired criteria. They can also be customized to display why certain products have been returned and summarize the product delivery status.
Benefits of using an E-commerce Dashboard:
- Get a bird’s eye view of business performance.
- Saves time by allowing real-time information analysis.
- Eliminates analysis paralysis by facilitating faster decision-making.
- Inventory Stock Analysis Power BI Dashboard Inspiration
Inventory management is essential to keep track of the supplies and materials you need to run a business effectively. Consequently, Inventory Power BI dashboard examples give you better access to your stock and enable you to undertake real-time inventory management.
This Power BI inventory dashboard sample is essential as it can be used by organizations of all sizes across multiple industries, including retail, FMCG, manufacturing, hospitality, education, and restaurants, to run efficiently and meet client demand.
In addition to the stock, this dashboard can display customer reviews, most viewed, least viewed, and unviewed products. Based on the Fulfillment Cycle and MarkDown variance, you may anticipate stock availability and restocking cycles.
Benefits of using an Inventory Stock Analysis Dashboard:
- Prevents stockouts and project delays.
- Better cash flows as the dashboard highlight the business’s lean and rush periods.
- Reduces inventory wastage.
- Price-Volume-Mix Variance (PVM) Analysis Dashboards
A standard business dashboard visualizes revenue, income, gross profits, etc. These metrics are used to compare ex-post and ex-ante business plans and forecasts using time references, geography, or product lines. However, a Price-Volume-Mix (PVM) variance analysis showcases how sales volume, product mix, and prices affect revenue.
In this Power BI dashboard example, the factors that contributed most to each category’s revenue growth are highlighted, including price, volume & product mix fluctuation, and new product releases and discontinued goods. Such dashboards are handy for product managers and their teams to pinpoint critical problems and opportunities.
Benefits of using a PVM Analysis Dashboard:
- Helps to refine pricing policies to maximize profits.
- Facilitates a more informed, data-driven understanding of the organization.
- Pinpoints granular details due to its bottom-up approach.
- COVID-19 Power BI Dashboard Example
Undeniably, the COVID-19 pandemic has been the talk of the town for the past two years. A Power BI dashboard representing the distribution and impact of the virus is an excellent example of depicting Power BI’s capabilities. This dashboard can compare and contrast mortality and recovery rates across different countries.
As seen above, this dashboard can also show the distribution of active and recovered cases in a country-wise distribution. It can also track the death toll and visualize the pattern to forecast future states.
Benefits of using a COVID-19 Dashboard:
- Helps in tracking active and recovered Covid patients.
- Based on the trends, people can plan their work/travel.
- Sentiment Analysis Dashboards
Sentiment analysis is an artificial intelligence-driven technique that analyzes unstructured data to draw opinions and emotions. These outcomes can be represented in eye-catching charts and graphs with business intelligence software like Microsoft’s Power BI to get clear insights. These dashboards are extremely useful as sentiment analysis datasets are limited to research and used to develop rule-based models and advance artificial intelligence-driven techniques.
For instance, consider a social media business owner who posts about their products. This Sentiment Analysis Interactive Dashboard shows various analytical points in data accessible from online retailers. The dashboard also makes it possible to determine what customers think of a product and other details like customer satisfaction and discontent ratings for the same products.
Benefits of using a Sentiment Analysis Dashboard
- It can help you recognize the happiest customers.
- These dashboards help in monitoring agent efficiency and performance.
- Even website chatbots can benefit from a sentiment analysis dashboard to recognize customer moods.
Read More: PubMed GPT: A GPT Model Trained On PubMed Biomedical Papers At Stanford
- Social Media Monitoring & Analytics Dashboards
Nowadays, most businesses utilize social media platforms to market their products and services. Keeping track of your business’s performance on social media platforms becomes vital to see whether your efforts are reaping any benefits. Using Power BI dashboard templates for social media analytics, business owners can develop better marketing strategies, alter branding, and improve consumer engagement.
For instance, this dashboard displays monthly information about many social media subjects, such as web sources, the volume of online discussions, online influencers, unique categories, sentiment analysis, quotes, geolocation, and many other topics, making it one of the most common Power BI dashboard examples.
Such Social Media Dashboards can be extended to obtain tags and mentions, view good/nasty remarks, locating influencers by geolocations. It also enables the users to track their mentions in the sentiment analysis by hourly/daily filtering.
Benefits of using a Social Media Dashboard
- Enhanced productivity and engagement with followers.
- It can help you understand collaborations and whether they have been effective or not.
- This dashboard can help you in scheduling your posts.
- Financial Analytics Dashboards
All organizations hold potentially valuable financial data. A Power BI Financial Analytics Dashboard is designed to study finances and infer trends for executive-level professionals.
The dashboard gives a broad overview of the company’s financial performance throughout. Professionals can also explore financial performance according to the area and product category and identify financial patterns and regions of over/underperformance in these areas. These preliminary insights can then be used to choose where to concentrate their efforts.
For instance, this financial dashboard displays revenue, liabilities, expenses, gross profit, and other financial assets. Similarly, a financial dashboard can display the profit and loss statement, aggregate revenues, and balances.
Benefits of using a Financial Analytics Dashboard
- It summarizes your financial performance.
- It demarcates expenses accruing to different activities and their corresponding returns.
- Using the insights, the organization’s financial growth can be tracked over time.
- Human Resource Analytics Dashboards
Human resource analytics is essential in employee management and reaching business goals. Given the available data, it is challenging to draw actionable insights quickly.
The next on our Power BI dashboard examples’ list provides several human resource analytics dashboard samples to make it easier, using which HR professionals can analyze employees and make better data-driven decisions.
It is a visual representation of key performance indicators (KPI) and HR data that provides an overview of the present situation and makes vital information easily accessible. For instance, this HR dashboard summarizes employee metrics by gender, age, absenteeism rate, contract types, terminations, and other related factors.
Benefits of using a Human Resource Analytics Dashboard:
- These dashboards help identify effective measures and the ones that are not.
- They help in tracking absentees and annual leaves taken by employees.
- They also give insights into the hiring practices and trends in the organization.
- Global Oil Production and Consumption Dashboards
Big data visualization is a challenge in tracking crucial parameters, output figures, costs, etc., concerning the oil and gas industry. Power BI dashboards provide a revitalizing visual analytical solution for the entire industry.
The dashboard on our list of some top Power BI dashboard examples is one that compiles all essential global oil production and consumption parameters to make it simpler for people to quickly and easily review massive amounts of oil production and consumption data in real-time. The top 3 oil metrics for all countries—reserve, output, and consumption—are shown in this dashboard’s country tab.
The production tab in this dashboard also highlights the most extensive oil reserves, the oil production timeline, and the total production by each country. On the other hand, the consumption tab highlights the consumption metrics.
Benefits of using a Global Oil Production and Consumption Dashboard:
- It can assist employees in making more informed decisions.
- It helps in tracking the oil production of different countries.
- Oil is scarce, and such a Power BI dashboard development helps track and manage oil reserves efficiently.
- Email Engagement Analytics Dashboard
These Power BI Dashboard designs are intended for businesses advertising their products or services via mass emails. These dashboards show the percentage of delivered, clicked, and opened emails. These dashboards typically use data from campaign management programs and show how these indicators changed during the relevant time frame.
As you can see here, this is one of those Power BI dashboard examples that display several email metrics and a month-wise comparison. These boards can be customized to include other relevant metrics like email-driven sales by categories, recurring customers, etc.
Benefits of using an Email Engagement Analysis Dashboard:
- It saves time as it displays all vital metrics on a single dashboard.
- Visual insights are easier to draw conclusions and decide whether the emails are effective or not.
- These dashboard insights can also be used to schedule emails for geolocations in different time zones.
Power BI Dashboards vs Reports
While these Power BI dashboards may seem like a report as they summarize performance or common metrics, they are fundamentally different. Here are a few differentiators:
- A dashboard in Power BI may pin visuals after drawing insights from multiple datasets, but a report usually focuses and cater to a single dataset at once.
- Dashboards are a single-page summary, whereas reports may take as many pages as required.
- Visualizations on a dashboard in Power BI focus on building insights using attractive elements such as graphs, whereas reports do not concentrate on visualizing.
Dashboards are a great method to keep an eye on your company and quickly see all your key indicators. These visuals may be drawn from a single underlying dataset or several and even from underlying Report(s). A dashboard does more than just visualize; it updates automatically when the underlying data changes, making it highly interactive.