IIT Palakkad is offering a free online course on artificial intelligence (AI) through the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) platform. The duration of the course is 12 weeks.
Titled Applied Accelerated Artificial Intelligence, the course will teach students the basics of system software and computer capabilities that are necessary to implement AI-based solutions for industry use.
The course will teach students how to use state-of-the-art AI Software Development Kits (SDKs) to solve complex problems along with demonstrations. Students will also discuss the end-to-end deployment of two industrial use cases. Companies working in the domain of machine learning will provide industry support to the students.
Read More: IIT-KGP And Virginia Tech Launch Online Course In AI
The free online course will be most beneficial for:
- Ph.D. scholars (any stream of science or engineering)
- Postgraduate students (any stream of science or engineering)
- 3rd and 4th year UG students (any stream of Engineering)
- Non-students and working professionals
Ideally, learners are expected to have prior knowledge of computer organization, machine learning, deep learning, and high-performance.
The instructors for the AI course are:
- Professor Satyajit Das from IIT Palakkad
- Professor Satyadhyan Chickerur from KLE Technological University
- Professor Bharatkumar Sharma from NVIDIA
- Professor Adesuyi Tosin from Kumoh National Institute of Technology
- Professor Ashrut Ambastha from NVIDIA
For more information on the course modules and to apply for the course, visit the NPTEL website.
The free online course on AI offered by IIT Palakkad is free when it comes to accessing the learning content. However, learners must appear for a proctored exam at any of the designated study centers to receive a certificate.