The Data Tech Labs launches its new AI for India program to train and upskill over 25 lakh Indian students in artificial intelligence. AI for India is powered by AWS and backed by the Ministry of Education (GOI) and AICTE, with the goal of training, practicing, allocating projects, certifying, and employing Indian citizens.
Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan launched the program in the presence of more than a hundred MNCs, MSMEs and Startups in Delhi.
The AI for India campaign is a component of the GOI’s ABCDEFGHI program, which aims to impact and train students in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, BlockChain, Data analytics and intelligence, Full stack developer, Cyber Security, Extended Reality (XR), Electronics, Energy solutions, Gamification, GitHub, HTML5, Human-computer interaction, and IoT.
Read More: High-risk warning issued for Google Chrome and Mozilla by government
According to officials, the program is divided into the following five events –
- National Future Engineering Scholarship Examination: Aimed for class 8th to 12th students, undergrad/postgrad students, and others looking to upskill on developing technologies.
- All India Skill to Scale Avenue: This is open to all students who graduated during the pandemic years and have gaps in their skill sets compared to industry requirements.
- AI Ideathon: This event encourages students and citizens to generate ideas for solving any human-centric national issue using AI, Data, Cloud, and associated sciences.
- All India Data Engineering Quiz intends to diversify data knowledge across fields and verticals.
- All India Jobathon for Cloud, Data, and AI Aspirants, in which participants will be allowed to apply for 100000 jobs from Indian enterprises.
CCO of AICTE, Chandrashekhar Budha, said, “AI for India Initiative is trying to bridge the gap between the supply and demand matrix in worldwide tech talent, with Indian students. We are changing our educational policies to skill and upskill students to make them future-ready.”
He further added that AI for India would provide digital education for employment and entrepreneurship to the 21st-century generation in the arts, commerce, science, architecture, engineering, and other fields.