Data Science 

Quotes from the Pioneers

Image Credit: Analytics Drift

Produced By: Analytics Drift

Data science is more than just numbers and algorithms; it's a journey of discovery and innovation. Here's a collection of quotes from the trailblazers and thought leaders who have shaped the landscape of data science.

Andrejs Dunkels

"It's easy to lie with statistics; it's hard to tell the truth without it."

Monika Wahi

"Data science is more than just a set of tools; it's a way of thinking."

Gordon Gekko (from the movie Wall Street)

"The most valuable commodity I know of is information."

Adam Oliner

"It's not the size of the data that matters, but what you do with it."

Josh Wills

"Data scientists spend 80% of their time cleaning data and the other 20% of the time complaining about cleaning data."

Carly Fiorina

"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight."

Jim Bergeson

"Data will talk to you if you're willing to listen."

W. Edwards Deming

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion."

Andrew McAfee

"The world is one big data problem."

Michael Jordan

"Data science is not about making complicated models. It's about making accurate predictions."

Chris Lynch

"Big data is at the foundation of all of the megatrends that are happening today, from social to mobile to the cloud to gaming."

Stephen Few

"The numbers have no way of speaking for themselves. We speak for them."

Craig Mundie

"Data are becoming the new raw material of business."

Hilary Mason

"Data scientists are kind of like the new Renaissance folks, because data science is inherently multidisciplinary."

Nate Silver

"The best data scientists are skeptical and always interrogating data."

Jer Thorp

"Data science is about asking questions that can lead to better decisions and creative breakthroughs."

Thomas H. Davenport and D.J. Patil

"Data science is the sexiest job of the 21st century."

Clive Humby

"Data is the new oil. It's valuable, but if unrefined, it cannot really be used."

W. Edwards Deming

"In God we trust. All others must bring data."

DJ Patil

"Data science is the door to opening new opportunities, understanding the world, and making informed decisions."

Join our WhatsApp Group Now!

Get the latest updates on AI developments.

Designed by: Prathamesh